A few moments ago, via Twitter, Pod2G announced the release of Greenpois0n RC6, a new version of the familiar tool for the Chronic Dev Team jailbreak for both Windows and Mac
As expected, this new version fixes some bugs found Greenpois0n with RC5 and adds support to the second generation Apple TV. Users who have already run the jailbreak with the previous version of Greenpois0n, should they wish, they can retry the operation without resetting the device but just rerunning the procedure.
The new version of the tool can be downloaded from the official Greenpois0n. Here, however, the direct links for downloading Greenpois0n RC6 for your operating system:
Now Available GreenPois0n RC5-2 to untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak in Windows, the wait is over, now Mac users are not the only, finally available on Windows, if you Mac, you can follow the guide here, untethered Jailbreak GreenPois0n 4.2.1 RC5 iOS Mac (New RC b3). If you have Windows, do not miss the tutorial.
GreenPois0n RC5 is compatible with:
- Ipod Touch 2G (Model MB and MC)
- iPod Touch 3G
- Touch iPod 4G
- 1G iPad
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3G (old and new iBoot)
- iPhone 4
- Home Rule, have released the Windows host with IP Saurik server (C: Windows System32 drivers etc) the host.
- 188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com
- We need iTunes 10
- The iOS4.2.1 installed on your iPhone or IPAD, is recommended to install from scratch – if tethered also serves without restoring or (Shift + Restore to Restore in iTunes)
- Download the GreenPois0n RC5-2 for Windows
- Connect the iPhone and iPad usb
- Open GreenPois0n RC5 and press Jailbreak
- Entering DFU mode
The steps are:
- We continue to press the sleep button and press the home button.
- Release the sleep button and continue pressing the home button.
We hope to finish, we loader on the desktop, open and install Cydia, you need 3G or Wifi.
And well, yes, everything on the iPhone and can even fully control the device from a computer connected to the same wi-fi. In fact, very easily by downloading a small program from Cydia ‘s iPhone and another for your computer can connect the two devices and, through the’ use of the mouse pointer, you can completely manage the springboard of our melafonino.
Now we are need:
- First download from Cydia ‘s application
- Download it for PC VNC Viewer program that you download from here for both Mac and Windows
- We start VNC Viewer
- We go from ‘iphone wi-fi and click on the blue ball to the side of our wi-fi
- We read ‘s IP address and exact ricopiamolo VNC Viewer
- Click on Connect
- There will appear a message on the iPhone and we click on Accept
Here you should open the iPhone to display on our computer more or less.