AirPrint is the new feature introduced by Apple with the latest update of the iPhone, iPod Touch and dell’iPad, IOS 4.2.1: can print via Wi-Fi from your iDevice. But they are very few printers support this new feature. Waiting for new models are compatible and if you do not want to spend money, you can use a trick that allows our iDevice printing via Wi-Fi, using printer sharing in Windows. In other words, you will need to print PC and printer turned on and plus the PC must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network which is connected to an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
To enable AirPrint in Windows 7 and Windows Vista simply download the tool from the link at the bottom of the article, run it as administrator and click suInstall AirPrint Service. You then click on Start, then click the Devices and Printers: here you choose the printer you want to share, click with the printer and click Properties on awake, then you should go to the Sharing tab and scegliereCondividi the printer.
From this afternoon you can download version 4.2 software for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The main improvement is related to video games to incorporate iPad Game Center. Multitasking also helps in that field.
The rest of innovations, ranging detailed below, along with some video of them:
- Multitasking (with possibility of background audio applications), Folders, and Game Center in iPad.
- Airprint [print photos, emails, websites, etc … Airprint compatible printers via wireless]
- Find my iPhone is now free for iPhone 4, iPad, and iPod Touch [see video] Even if we have one of these three, we can create the account to Find my iPhone in it and then add other models “unsupported.”
- Search for text in Safari pages.
- Tray unified several accounts in iPad.
- The iPad lock button becomes, as in their younger siblings, to silence the device. To block the rotation we can double click on the Start button, slide to the left menu and press the virtual button. They also find a shortcut to the brightness.
Some hours ago Apple announced its new update iOS 04.02, available for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. The latter tablet users are probably the most were waiting for this update, since it is the first release of iOS 4 that can be used, thus enabling a wide array of new features that have hitherto dreamed. Among these new features in this update, we can name:
- Multitasking in the iPad
- Folders in the iPad
- Game Center: We can compete against our friends online, competing in the ranking and other features in the App Store.
- Airprint: with this we can print content from our device wirelessly.
- Airplay: playing in streaming multimedia content from our IOS devices to an
- Apple TV or compatible speakers.
- Find my iPhone: a new feature for our free iPod or iPhone that allows us to find, block or delete our device with a MobileMe account.
And this at last, after so much hype, rumors and confusion about what would this new update, Apple has all their latest generation devices at the same level, and as Steve Jobs says “making the iPad 4.2 iOS a completely new product, just in time for the holidays. ” Maybe we can not take this to mean that now the iPad is an entirely new product, but certainly adds many features that one would expect in a tablet, the most important multitasking, of course.
Another aspect that many users searched for were the improvements in functionality for users of iPhone 3G, which reported problems, and even complained to Apple to return the 3G iPhone obsolete by design. After this, the company said this new version of IOS improve the functionality of the new system for this device, so you can avoid these allegations once and for all.
The update will be gradually turning from iTunes during the day (probably still can not update it), so be patient and keep their small objects of worship connected to your computer, even if it hurts them both in the heart: D