New Firmware Update for BlackBerry Playbook v18.104.22.16850
RIM has released a new update to the operating system of the tablet BlackBerry playbook. 22.214.171.12450 is the version that introduced, among others, of minor updates in Adobe AIR that moves from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.527 and Adobe Flash updated to 10.3.212.18 10.3.212.38
RIM has introduced the mode ‘plane as an option that turns off all radio functions of the playbook as they have also added a switch to regional menu option’ for the language. In the rest of the article the full changelog.
The new firmware update to version 184.108.40.20650 introduces BlackBerry playbook:
- Improved connectivity and productivity with the BlackBerry Bridge;
- Enhanced support for saving attachments: the BlackBerry Bridge offers you more flexibility on where and how to save attachments for viewing and editing. And Now ‘can save an attachment on microSD external memory or flash memory on the BlackBerry smartphone;
- Zip file attachment support – the BlackBerry Bridge provides access to ZIP files received as email attachment. While using the BlackBerry Bridge is now possible to download a zip file from an email from your device to the external memory microSD and then extract the compressed content for viewing or editing on your BlackBerry playbook;
- Mode introduced the ‘flight-mode to turn off all radio functions
- Introduced support for portrait images – images that now you have the BlackBerry playbook can be viewed in portrait mode in the layout that best suits your needs;
- Pinch-to-zoom in the video: use the pinch gesture to zoom in on the details of your favorite video content while the video continues to run;
- Introduced new support for 15 languages: Basque, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Galician, Hungarian, Bahasa Indonesia, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, European Portuguese, Swedish, turkish, Romanian and Russian;
To access the Update menu simply start the search ‘under the heading “software updates”.