Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 5 for Untethered IOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak
The Dev-Team has just released a new beta version of redsn0w, thus leading to version 0.9.7b5. This version “Beta” allows Untethered jailbreak for IOS 4.2.1 through the “Backup Plan ” Dev Team, and requires. ipsw and 4.2b3 IOS SHSH saved. For those wishing to perform the procedure you can follow the guide below left:
In this new beta version solves the problem with the bluetooth, and now works correctly. But the bug with the Skype application remains.
- This version of redsn0w is intended for developers and requires firmware 4.2 b3.
- The DevTeam announced that it is not 100% guarantee on all devices
- First of all make a backup of your iDevice.
- If you require any SIM unlocking (Ultrasn0w) do not use it because you can not do it.
- To test this new version, if you’ve tried an earlier beta versions, you must restore the device and re-do the jailbreak.
- iPhone 4
- iPod Touch 4G
- To have your device tethered iOS 4.2.1 and jailbreak
- Have the IOS SHSH 4.2b3 saved, verify that you have in Cydia (in green on top).
- RedSn0w 0.9.7b5 (Mac only, Windows version is ready, but is slow, the DevTeam has decided not to release yet)
- iOS 4.2.1
- iOS 4.2b3
Jailbreak with RedSn0w 0.9.7b5
- Run Redsn0w 0.9.7.b5
- Select the firmware 4.2.1
- Select “Install Cydia” and “Jailbreak (untether)”
- iOS 4.2b3 will ask the ipsw, select it:
- Plug your iPhone, turn it off and follow the steps to put it in DFU
- will leave a terminal window
Done it all already have your iPhone jailbroken untethered