Probably the easiest way for most of the time to install Android on an iPhone 2G/3G is through iPhoDroid. But the problem is that you have a computer to run the entire installation process for your iPhone 2G/3G Android. But thanks to Bootlace 2.1, you can install Android on your iPhone 2.2.1 with Froyo jailbreik without connecting to a PC or Mac
Bootlace 2.1 only supports the iPhone and the following IOS:
- IPhone 2G running IOS 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.
- IPhone 3G running IOS 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1.
And jailbreak tools that are approved by Bootlace 2.1 are:
If you do not meet the above requirements, then you can not go ahead with installing Android on iPhone 2G/3G. If you do, then proceed with the following steps.
- Run cydia from the springboard and add the repository “http://repo.neonkoala.co.uk/” (without quotation marks). Click “Add Source” then you need to install the “Bootlace” as shown in the screenshots below.
- Once you have installed Bootlace access the application from the home screen:.
- From “Bootlace, you need to install” OpeniBoot. “
- Once “OpeniBoot” is installed, click on the “Idro” below to install Idro.
- Once IDRO is installed on your iPhone, tap the “QuickBoot” on the bottom row and then touches on the logo of Android, the iPhone will restart and boot into Android. That’s it, you’re done! Now you Froyo Android on iPhone 2.2.1.
Please see step 4 again if you want to check for updates of Android in the future. And it is recommended to perform all the steps through a WiFi connection.