How to Create an Apple ID without a Credit Card
Having an Apple ID is a must (unless you use another person) to do just about anything related to Apple services. If you want to buy music from iTunes, download apps in the app store, or use iCloud, you need to have if or if an Apple ID.
A few years ago, linking a credit card to an Apple account was obligatoria. But Apple has changed its stance and has been to allow users to create an Apple ID without a credit card for a while now.
Whatever the reason for it, today we’re going to teach you how to create an Apple ID without using a credit card.
Please note that if a credit card or other payment method for your Apple ID is not linked, it obviously will not be possible to purchase, but nevertheless, if you can download free, free applications such as content.
The steps will teach you have been made on an iPhone, but the process is the same whether an iPod Touch, an iPad, or even from iTunes on the computer is used.
- Make sure you have not logged into any account of Apple. If so, you just have to get out of it.
- Go to the App Store and look for any free app. The application does not matter so just select the first one you see.
- Press the “Free” button on the application. It will become a “Install” button. Touch it again to start the download. At this time, the App Store application will be asked to log in to your account or create a new one. Select “Create New Apple ID.”
- Select your country or region, then click Next.
- Select “OK” twice to accept the terms and conditions. Optionally, if you have a lot of free time, you might want to get to read the terms and conditions before accepting them.
- Enter the necessary information to create your new account. This includes email, password, date of birth, and a couple of security questions. Click “Next” when you’re done. Make sure you use an email address that is not currently registered or has not been previously used as an Apple ID. If necessary, create a new email address.
- When you have to enter billing information, be sure to choose “None”. Then enter your billing address.
- Apple will send a confirmation email to the email address you provided. Check your email and click the “Verify” link in the email that Apple sent you, then sign in with your newly created username (your email address).
- Finally, the application returns to the App Store, and sign in with your new account.
You should now be able to download free content from the App Store. If you ever try to download premium content, you must keep in mind that Apple will ask you to update your payment information and credit card proportions.
You see, it is not so difficult to create an Apple ID without using a credit card or debit card. Still, if you have questions and need help, do not hesitate to comment further down and we will be happy to help.